So Finally I have finished
the first real update. Version 1.1. Lots of new stuff added
this time and I have made lots of efforts in getting the bugs
fixed. I have also released a small mappack that consists
of 10 maps, 9 naval maps and one large urban map. The naval
maps does NOT have a functional AI script, so they are for
multiplayer use only. May try to implement a working naval
AI the next time I update. A small bug was detected in the
1.1 release so I released a small patch too. Find everything
you need at the locations supplied at the end of this post.
Please submit your thought about the mod in the forum or via
e-mail so I can make an even better mod. I will not do any
more work on this mod for the rest of this summer though -
just too hot :P.
Below folows a part of the
readme for version 1.1:
CHANGES SINCE VERSION 1.0:
* New naval yards for the GLA and China.
* Introduced a small Beta-AI.
* Added ability to desarm mines for all GLA mine layers
* Added a littlebird to USA Commander in Chief and USA air
* Having many factories will now increase the buildspeed of
units in those factories
* Low power can now severly impact on your manufacturing capabilities
much as a maximum of 70% drop in producivity.
* When selling one of your buildings you will now only get
35% of it's value back.
* Made infantry (non missile) lesser resistant to tank fire.
* Made small arms fire less effective against tanks and buildings
* Lots of bugfixing and smaller tweaks.
USA Tech&Naval general:
* Added a radar defence structure that will destroy any incoming
It has a failprobability of around 5%. That means that of
20 incoming missiles it may
destroy all but one. Doesn't work 100% that way though Razz
* Added an attack submarine.
* Added a missile submarine
* Made the firebase cost $300 more
* Made the mammoth tank bigger
* Fixed the bug causing Naval Yard not displaying on a snow
* Made so that the apache longbow can't be bought unless you
own the RH-66
* Made so that the RH-66 needs strategy center to be built
* Increased price and lowered health for the Osprey
* Slightly increased price for the combat chinook
* Helipad construction now also requires that you have a war
* The "Glory pigeon" now has another type of missiles:
6 High explosive type
missiles that will scatter creating a pretty powerful area
* Made the comorca MG:s a lot more powerful (Like 120%)
* Fixed a bug with the "heavy bomberstrike" causing
a player to buy the upgrade at lvl 3.
Also decreased it's cost down to two points instead of three.
China EMP&Napalm General:
* The "Detractor cannon" (Chinas EMP General) SW
got a 'little' too
powerful in the last remake...heh. So I decreased the damage
made it a bit more expensive. It will now make about 70-90%
on all surrounding buildings from the target area. Structures
center of the beam will be destroyed. Surrounding units will
China Infantry general:
* Fixed a bug in the "supercannnon bunker". It now
functions on snow maps
and when garrisoned.
* When training a red guard you will recive 4. Cost have been
increased to $300.
* Made some adjustments to the Harmageddon Nuke.
China Tank&Naval general:
* Added ability to build a fortified bunker in the second
commandset for the dozer.
* Fixed the problem causing freezes when using the warfactory
* Added an attack submarine
* Fixed a bug causing players to buy chinas nuclear bombing
upgrade too early
China Artillery General:
* Fixed the master defence bunker -snow&garrisoned
* The screamer is now a fighterplane armed with emp-missiles.
So therefore it's
one of the best fighters in the game.
GLA Terror leader:
* Added a new bombtruck - Heavy Cargo:
This bombtruck will be available after you have purchased
it's science and if you own a palace.
It contains an extremley powerful shockwave bomb.
* Fixed the airfield. The planes will now use all runways
* Fixed a bug causing the game to crash when the airfield
* Lowered price for terror mob.
GLA United arabs:
* Fixed a bug causing the research center, rocket defence
and defence cannon becoming invisible when
playing on a snow map.
* Added a new superweapon-like:
First you'll have to research upgrades in the research facility,
then you will be able to build an airship
that contains the weapon. It can selfdestruct or be destroyed
and when it does the superweapon
called "weapon of doom" will be realesed. It is
a very powerful weapon and very particle dependant so therefore
it will cost you a bit Razz \:P.
* Can now build officers.
* Added a new heavy rocket tank. The scorpion rocket upgrade
was moved to the research facility.
GLA Toxic warfare general:
* Added the ability to build a hangar and a suicide plane.
* Added a new Superweapon (Acid rain) that will be available
construction after you have purchased the science.
* Added a Toxic Waste facility
GLA Stealth&Naval general:
* Added a suicide boat
Also included changes from patch#1:
VERSION 1.0 (First release)**------------------
* Fixed some GUI text, all generals
shold have proper names
* Increased reload times for the shockwave cannon
* Mixed with the detractor cannon
* Fixed the american hovertransport cameo
* Lowered the size of some naval ships
* Different locomotors for ships, made all pretty fast since
after all, this is an action RTS...
* Removed all unit build limits for naval ships
* More than doubled the reloadtime for the nukemissile on
* Removed the ability for marines to move on water
* Fixed some ship animations and cameos, all ships should
now sink when destroyed.
* Reworked the Harmageddon nuclear missile. It can now destory
* Added a working uninstaller for the entire mod that will
replace the old one.
* Numerous other smaller things...
* Did make a huge effort trying
to get rid of all the "" in the GUI text,
but after about an hour of work my editing program crashed...
Heh, but I'll
retry in the future ;).
If you have a previous installation of Destructive Forces
(any version) - DOWNLOAD
Full Installation file for Destructive Forces 1.1 (recommended)
Fix#1 for V1.1 (information below) -
bug made the USA cruise missile submarine unable to move or
Fire any missiles. It has been fixed in this tiny patch. The
cost was also modified a bit
Mappack - DOWNLOAD